Welfare Project Worker – Winter Transformation 2021-2022
Salary: £9.50 hourly
Hours: Part time hours negotiable, worked over a seven day week. Shifts from 5.00 pm – 10.30 pm including weekends and bank holidays.
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2022
Could you foster positive relationships with hard to engage rough sleepers in Luton, supporting them to stay in overnight accommodation to avoid rough sleeping during the winter period?
This will involve building trust and understanding with those who are very chaotic, creating a homely and safe evening atmosphere and generating a platform from which people can progress. This role requires self-management and admin skills.
NOAH Enterprise expects all staff to demonstrate support, respect and a non-judgemental approach to service users and to make sure that the accommodation units are well cared for and maintained. Our core values of care, compassion and commitment are underpinned by respect for the unique dignity of every person, and these must be demonstrated throughout.
You will be responsible for providing high quality support to service users in the following ways:
• Opening an HMO every evening in conjunction with security staff and welcoming individuals into the home
• Managing risk by identifying those who demonstrate concerning behaviours and mitigating these
• Supporting people to either cook an evening meal together or spend the evening independently
• Offering wellbeing support, mentoring and advice to residents
• Encouraging daytime engagement with a range of meaningful activities and training provision from NOAH and other providers
• Holding weekly one-to-one appointments
• Overseeing the infrastructure of the building during the shift period including supporting and empowering residents with cleaning, laundry and property maintenance
• Working in coordination with the Migrant accommodation team leader to plan and structure move-on pathways for each resident.
For full details, see the job description and person specification below.
NOAH Enterprise is a charity that helps homeless and disadvantaged people to improve their lives by providing emotional and physical care, training in employable skills, and work experience opportunities in our charitable businesses. We are a Living Wage Employer and are committed to promoting wellbeing and a work-life balance amongst our staff.
Noah’s values and ethos simply expressed are care, compassion, and commitment. These values are practically shown in humble service, helping those in need, in poverty and experiencing disadvantage and marginalisation.
To apply for this exciting and rewarding post, please submit your CV along with the Supporting Statement to let us know why you are perfect for our role!
Send them to: email@example.com