Maximise sales of a diverse range of furniture, household goods, clothing and bric-a-brac, and other products, where deployed in any of NOAH Enterprise’s retail outlets, to achieve targets, and maintain standards in the NOAH shops.
- Supervise the sales assistants (where located)
- Liaise with the Donated Textiles Operative to ensure the shop has enough stock to achieve target.
- Engage with all customers in a welcoming, courteous and friendly manner seeking to constructively meet their needs
- Engage with the local community, identifying local stakeholders and establishing working links while raising the profile of NOAH Enterprise within the local community.
- Recruit, interview and train new Volunteers to agreed procedures
- Maintain the weekly volunteer rota and to update ensuring optimum cover
- Manage the volunteers by providing direction and ongoing training to ensure that they are competent in technique and customer care.
- Provide the motivation necessary to ensure that volunteers are happy, committed and fulfilled in the work they undertake with NOAH
- Take responsibility for own personal development within the position
- Attain a thorough product and market knowledge to enable efficient management of product ranges in each of NOAH’s shops.
- Ensure the security of all stock and maintain strict control over any staff or volunteer purchases
- Maintain the charity’s stock quality standards by ensuring that all goods are steam cleaned and presented in a clean and appealing fashion and follow stock pricing policy in pricing all items going on the shop floor
- Ensure stock rotation criteria are met and assist in maintaining appropriate stock levels and provide the highest standards of display
- Creatively maximise turnover growing sales by an agreed annual target
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and order are maintained throughout the shop by ensuring a comprehensive cleaning schedule is followed by volunteers and staff covering all areas daily including the following:
- The sweeping, vacuuming and mopping of all floors daily.
- All fixtures, fittings and furniture are dusted and wiped down as required throughout the day.
- All windows are cleaned weekly, internally and externally.
- All toilets are cleaned daily.
- Kitchen areas are kept clean at all times.
- Ensure all sorting and storage areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Have a working understanding of the profitability of the shops and controllable costs.
- Control direct shop expenses through effective cost control.
- Ensure effective maintenance of gift aid procedures and train appropriate volunteers in said process
- Ensure that the shop is open during set trading hours
- Implement the highest standards of customer care and service at all times.
- Monitor and check the security of stock and cash on the premises and report any shortfalls to the Head of Retail
- Ensure all processes in relation to the daily takings are adhered to in accordance with NOAH policies
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the building and all operations within it comply with Health & Safety Regulations
- In consultation with the Retail Manager ensure that the organisation is compliant with its own and legislative requirements relating to Health & Safety, specifically:
- Ensure tests on fire/security systems are carried out as required
- Carry out any Risk/COSHH Assessments as required
- Assist with regular Health & Safety Inspections
- Ensure compliance with current trading standards legislation