Project Administrator – Luton
We are seeking a Project Administrator to support the management of projects and provide general administration support for their Academy and Volunteer Management departments. This will include maintaining and developing administrational processes, including the referrals and bookings system, and working to ensure that the administrational requirements of key stakeholders and funders are met. This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will demonstrate a sensitivity towards the needs of our service users, who come from varied cultural backgrounds and may be working to overcome issues such as unemployment, low self-esteem, homelessness and mental health problems.
Using your administration experience you will record and manage staff development across the organisation and maintain volunteering records. Using our CRM system you will create and update management reports as requested. In this busy and varied role you will report to the Project Supervisor.
This role forms part of a small and dedicated team and presents an ideal opportunity for an individual who is looking to gain experience of project management in the voluntary sector.
We are a charity which seeks, out of Christian conviction, to help the most disadvantaged in the local community. Particularly, it is concerned with providing a practical, empowering and caring service to homeless people particularly those who are temporary or entrenched rough sleepers, and those who are marginalised and socially excluded, or have simply fallen into poverty
This is a full time (37.5 hours PW) temporary contract with 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays.
- Administration within the Training and Employment Academy and Volunteer Management.
- Provide high quality and accurate administration that meets with funder and stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Maintain staff and volunteer development records.
- Develop systems for project administration activities.
- Develop and maintain database records.
- Update management information systems.
- Manage and maintain filing systems for the project.
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of activities within the project by providing administrative assistance and support.
- Process internal and external referrals to courses.
- Maintain learner and staff records, including achievement and attendance.
- Produce reports and information as required.
- Maintain records of staff development and link to HR processes.
- Book staff, volunteers and customers onto training and development activities.
- Liaise and work with external agencies and partners.
- Liaison with trainers and staff at other sites where training takes place.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above with good IT skills.
- Experience of using databases and Microsoft software in administration.
- Strong administration experience.
- Experience within a project management environment, ideally.
- Experience of working as part of a team and under your own initiative.
- Ability to speak a second language, preferably Eastern European is beneficial.