Furniture Retail Shop – Sales Manager
We are seeking a Retail Sales Manager with flair and vision to run our Furniture Store in Luton. You will manage 12,000 square feet of furniture and household appliances and a team of paid and volunteer staff. You will be able to use your great merchandising skills and be able to demonstrate flair and vision for the store. You will also use your good staff management skills alongside a sense of humour and great soft skills to get the most from members of your team. An empathy with the charity mission and a real passion to succeed will give you the ability to achieve targets and enjoy your role.
You will be working 37.5 hrs spread over Monday to Saturday 7.5 hours per day with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Ensure all staff provide high standards of customer service
- Ensure all furniture store drivers provide an effective collection and delivery service
- Train staff and volunteers in customer service, merchandising and pricing guides
- Engage with customers in a welcoming, courteous and friendly manner seeking to constructively meet their needs
- Engage with the local community, identifying local stakeholders and establishing working links while raising the profile of the charity within the local community.
- Liaise with Carpentry Tutors to ensure that products are available for sale and that work placements are available to assist when required.
- Recruit, interview, induct and train new volunteers and work placements
- Maintain and update the weekly volunteer rota
- Manage volunteers and work placements by providing direction and training
- Provide motivation to ensure that volunteers are happy, committed and fulfilled
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Attain product and market knowledge to enable efficient management of product ranges and provide useful information to customers.
- Ensure stock security and maintain strict control over staff or volunteer purchases
- Maintain the stock quality standards and stock pricing policy
- Liaise with the Restoration and Refurbishment departments to ensure product is of a high standard and allocated is in line with budgets.
- Ensure stock rotation; assist in maintaining stock levels and standards of display
- Handle the control, security and re-ordering of bought-in merchandise
- Creatively maximise turnover, growing sales by an agreed annual target
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and order are maintained throughout by ensuring a comprehensive cleaning schedule is followed
- Understand profitability and controllable costs; reporting weekly sales
- Control direct shop expenses through effective cost control
- Ensure effective maintenance of gift aid procedures and train staff and volunteers
- Ensure that the building and all operations within it comply with H&S Regulations
- Open and lock-up as required
- Able to respect and work to the charity’s Christian ethos
- Excellent customer service
- Organised and reliable