Location of roles: Luton
Salary: £22,500 – £27,500 pa according to experience
Description of role and person:
We are seeking a Fundraising Officer to generate income through Community and Corporate Donations, Charitable Trusts and Statutory Contracts. You will be strategically and operationally involved in the planning and implementation of fundraising initiatives involving organisations and individuals
This position is for up to 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday hours to suit, part-time working would be considered
- Develop fundraising from individuals, companies, the community and through events, primarily raising unrestricted funds with an annual target of £200,000 plus support our Fundraising Consultant in raising Trust and Grants income with a target of £260,000 p.a. and statutory income with a target of £320,000 p.a.
- Develop and diversify its income, previously been largely funded through Charitable Trusts, Grants and Contracts and Social Enterprise.
- You will work alongside the fundraising consultant generating restricted grants for a range of services.
- There is a fundraising target of around £580,000 a year, to be increasing
- Community Fundraising, Individual Giving and Corporate Fundraising needs further development
- Develop a fundraising database to monitor fundraising activity
- Lead on the co-ordination of new income from all sources
- Work alongside the Head of Retail and Business Development and the Head of Training and Employment to increase support from businesses.
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing to develop an individual giving plan and strategy including specifically a plan for High Net Worth Individuals
- Develop a community fundraising plan, building on current foundations through the Volunteering programme and support from local groups: Rotary Clubs, Schools, Churches etc. You will also work with Department Heads to maximise fundraising of the Charity Shops
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in fundraising for charities within community fundraising, individual and / or corporate fundraising.
- Driving licence and own car
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of organising events planning through to launch.
- Microsoft Office: including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases.
- Able to work under pressure, to deadlines and maintain confidentiality
- Aware of, and sensitive to, issues that affect service users
- Able to communicate, negotiate and influence
- Able to work on own initiative and carry out several key projects at one time
- Able to respect and work to the charity’s Christian ethos